We offer training and Grade 2 certification for those interested in kayaking and multi-sport races. Obtaining the Grade 2 Certification is compulsory for participating in the Kathmandu Coast to Coast multi sport race.
Grade 2 Certification Course
This course progresses from the flat water to moving water, all the way to your Grade 2 assessment in 4 days. Experienced instructors are there to answer your questions and support you along the way.
- Length: 4 days
- Equipment: Gear included
- Location: Clutha River and Hawea River (Wānaka)
- Experience Level: Beginner
- Cost: $1050pp
- Split session:
- 1. Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th September
- 2. Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th September
- Thursday 6th to Sunday 9th October
- Split session
- 1. Thursday 10th & Friday 11th November
- 2.Thursday 17th & Friday 18th of November
- Thursday 8th to Sunday 11th November
Check out Our Crew to learn about our team. Paddle Wānaka owners Chris and Bex Thornton compete in Coast to Coast annually since 2019. Chris continues to by helping out with river safety and has trained several Coast to Coast competitors. He heads up our Grade 2 programme and works closely with our friends from Best Foot Forward to ensure you are as prepared as you can be for race day on the river.
Book online to secure your slots, limited spaces available. For any further questions email email@example.com